Talking about Hollywood history, many strong, innovative women helped shape the business as we know it today. The pioneering women who transformed Hollywood, from the movie stars who made significant strides towards equality to the numerous women behind the scenes who fought for better working conditions for present and future generations.
There are numerous inspirations we know about. One such actress who made a name in her industry is Dodie Levy Fraser. Even after many battles, she never failed to achieve her goals. Due to her passion and hard work, she had media and entertainment revolving around her. And here is everything you need to know about her and everything related to her.
About Dodie Levy Fraser
Born on 16 March 1933 in New York City, Dodie Levy Fraser was an American citizen. Besides, she comes from a Caucasian ethnic background. However, the world knows her as one of the best actresses, directors, producers as well as authors.
However, she came into the limelight when she got married to Michael Landon. He is a famous legendary Hollywood actor, writer and director. However, in 1962, they decided to separate.
The Early Life and Education of Dodie Levy Fraser
Since her early days, Dodie Levy Fraser spent her childhood with her family and two siblings. Her full name is Dorothy Levy Fraser. Even though there isn’t much information about her education, it is said that she was educated and was always passionate. Since her early days, she participated in theater performances.
Dodie Levy Fraser’s Career
Dodie Levy Fraser performed in different shows and was famous in the theatre arts. However, she later graduated and stepped into the world of professional acting. With time, her dedication paid off and she became the favourite actress of her die-hard fans.
Also popular as Michael Landon’s ex-wife, she started her career as an actress in film and television. After a few years of acting, she started working as an author and later participated as a legal secretary.
When Did Dodie and Michael Get Marry?
After the death of her husband, with whom she had a son- Mark, she married Michael Landon as a widow. Michael and Dodie exchanged wedding vows on March 11th, 1956 in front of their family and close friends. The couple was happy with one another and even had two children.
Michael started his Hollywood career soon after they were married and became completely absorbed in it. Later, after four years, the couple decided to begin a family. Therefore, on February 11, 1960, he adopted their baby son Josh Fraser Landon.
However, as their marriage and his career started to take off, he was unable to manage his acting profession with his personal life. In the early 1960s, Landon also started seeing Marjorie Lynn Noe, his second wife. At the time, the actor and Dodie were still wed. Later it resulted in a divorce in 1962. Dodie had three marriages throughout her life, just like her ex-husband.
About Her Husband- Michael Landon
Born on October 31, 1936, as Eugene Maurice Orowitz, he was popularly known as Michael Landon. He excelled in the javelin and strongly desired to be an actor. His passion and dedication led him to alter his name to Michael Landon. The late American actor starred in several movies and television shows.
Michael Landon’s Personal Life
On January 12, 1963, just a few months after their divorce was granted, Landon wed Lynn Noe, his second wife. Also, their union ended in divorce. One of their five children, Christopher Beau Landon, who is also a producer and director of movies, was born.
Michael wed Cindy Clerico, a Hollywood makeup artist, for the third time on February 14, 1983. Up to the actor’s passing on July 1, 1991, they were wed.
Children of Dodie Levy Fraser
Michael London, who passed away, and his ex-wife Dodie Levy-Fraser had two children together. Mark Landon, the child from her previous relationship, was born on October 1, 1948, before Fraser and Michael were married.
On May 11, 2009, Mark, Dodie Levy Fraser’s first child was discovered dead in his West Hollywood home. He was 60 years old and was buried in Culver City’s Hillside Memorial Park Cemetery.
Death of Dodie Levy Fraser
At the age of 61, on July 5, 1994, Dodie Levy Fraser passed away in Palm Springs, Riverside County, California. As of yet, no real causes for her passing have been identified. Her remains were buried in the East Los Angeles Cemetery’s House of Peace Memorial Garden.
Death of Michael Landon
Michael Landon, her ex-husband, was 54 years old when he passed away. Landon underwent chemotherapy and other treatments, such as dietary changes, after receiving a diagnosis of pancreatic and liver cancer on July 1st, 1991.
Cancer later metastasised to the colon. Despite having a strong will to live and not being afraid of dying, Landon passed away from cancer three months after starting therapy.
Dodie Levy Fraser- Net Worth
Talking about Dodie Levy Fraser, earned a fruitful amount of money. Fraser is most likely known for enjoying herself to the maximum. Besides, her work as a legal secretary was her main source of money at that time. During her passing time, Dodie Levy Fraser had a net worth of around $500,000.
Similarly, at the time of his death, Michael’s estimated net worth at the time was $40 million. Therefore, she undoubtedly received some alimony and child support payments from her deceased ex-husband in the form of cash or property.
|Dodie Levy Fraser Full Name||Dodie Levy Fraser|
|Dodie Levy Fraser Birth Name||Dodie|
|Dodie Levy Fraser Date of Birth||16-Mar-33|
|Dodie Levy Fraser Birthday||16-Mar|
|Dodie Levy Fraser Birth City||New York|
|Dodie Levy Fraser Birth Country||USA|
|Dodie Levy Fraser Nationality||American|
|Dodie Levy Frase Horoscope||Pisces|
|Dodie Levy Frase Religion||Christianity|
|Dodie Levy Fraser Father Name||Nissim Levy|
|Dodie Levy Fraser Mother Name||Victoria Dora Samarel Levy|
|Dodie Levy Frase Sibling||Mary Levy Rugraffe|
|Dodie Levy Frase Sibling||Solomon Isaac Solly Levy|
|Dodie Levy Fraser Husband Name||Michael Landon|
|Dodie Levy Frase Marital Status||Divorced|
|Dodie Levy Frase Son||Mark Landon|
|Dodie Levy Frase Son||Josh Fraser Landon|
|Dodie Levy Frase Son||Marjorie Lynn Noe|
|Dodie Levy Fraser Death Date||05-Jul-94|
Lesser-Known Facts about Dodie Levy Fraser and Michael
Here are some lesser-known facts about Dodie Levy Fraser:
- Dodie Levy Fraser is a Caucasian, even though she holds American nationality.
- Dodie has two siblings older than her named- Mary Levy Rugraffe and Solomon Isaac Levy. Mary was born in 1926 and died in 1989. Talking about Solly was born in 1930.
- Apart from her professional achievements, Dodie worked as a legal secretary.
- Doodie Levy Fraser was the eldest of her family’s children. She lost her older sister Mary in 1989.
- Like her ex-husband, Dodie had also married three times in her life. It is unknown who her first husband was. She wed Michael Landon for her second marriage and Dr Peter Lake for her third.
- Levy married Michael in 1956 and got separated in 1962. The relationship lasted for only 6 years. The major reason behind her separation was that Michael got involved with another lady.
- Only family and close relations were invited to Dodie and Michael’s wedding.
- While growing up, Michael (Dodie’s husband) was always concerned about her mother as she committed suicide many times.
- During his childhood days, Michael had persuaded his unhappy parents to stay together, but when his marriage to Dodie started to falter, he started their divorce.
- Michael attended Collingswood High School and excelled at spear throwing, which led to the University of Southern California offering him an athletic scholarship.
- After the death of his mother, Michael turned into a chain smoker and heavy drinker.
- Michael was able to renegotiate his contract with the producers- thanks to his celebrity same, which allowed him to write and direct more episodes.
- Michael wrote and directed the CBS television film Us (1991), one of the three films in which Mark Landon starred. A few months after Michael Landon’s passing, it aired.
- Moreover, Mark played a minor Navy SEAL in the 1997 film Farewell America.
- Right after getting married to Michael, Dodie Levy Fraser gained popularity.
- Mark, son of Levy, followed in his father’s footsteps and succeeded in the acting industry.
Being a lady with a great personality and intelligence, Dodie Levy Fraser didn’t let divorce affect her popularity. She continued her career as an actress and also started to write stories. Later she also became a popular writer.