Every year thousands of new eCommerce businesses are introduced and there is no shortage of options for new online retailers when it comes to selecting a platform. While selecting a platform for your business, you need to make sure that you choose the one that not only has an easy-to-use interface for the customers, but also the one that offers a level of security and service that will give you and your customers peace of mind that they are protected when shopping. So, in this post, I am going to discuss one of the popular platforms for an e-Commerce website which is WooCommerce.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is a WordPress ‘eCommerce plugin. It makes it simple to create and manage an online store with a reasonable level of versatility and several essential features such as stock and tax management, safe payment, and shipping integration.
WooCommerce’s success can be measured by the fact that it accounts for almost one-third of the online stores. It provides a range of impressive features that make it a favorite platform for setting up an online store that is visually pleasing and user-friendly.
Reasons why choose WooCommerce?
- Customizable: Unlike WordPress, WooCommerce also has a rich set of features that can be expanded by adding plugins. WooCommerce offers immense versatility as it helps retailers efficiently manage their products without any technical expertise. Also, retailers have access to thousands of themes and plugins from WordPress as well as hundreds of eCommerce specific extensions designed just for WooCommerce. Such extensions enable advanced features such as categorizing products, selling subscriptions and membership and offers bookings.
- Free of cost: Price is likely to be a major factor for retailers when choosing a platform. If you are just a start out, it’s a great choice to have a free online store system that works well. Some people may assume it as it may be a simple alternative and maybe not a skilled eCommerce solution because it’s free. But, they are wrong at this point! Together with WordPress, which is also free, you could set up your eCommerce store for $0 by picking up a free theme! Besides, WooCommerce provides comprehensive order monitoring, customer engagement tools that allow merchants to monitor past and current orders, review shipment status, apply discounts, adjust tax settings, manage inventory, adjust shipping options, and set up coupon codes. In short, it contains everything that would need to be accomplished by a qualified eCommerce shop.
- Integrated SEO: As a WordPress plugin, WooCommerce provides a built-in SEO that effectively enhances the online store’s core marketing strategy. An SEO-friendly store is more likely to rank higher on search engines for better traffic and more customer scope.
- Easy Analytics: Analytics tool is the core tool used by any website owner. Most eCommerce companies may not be able to apply an analytics framework to their website, nor will they be aware of what statistics need intensive analysis. But thanks to WooCommerce, it has an analytics platform incorporated that offers a crystal-clear analysis of statistical data. Graphical representations of total sales information, daily sales, individual purchaser stats, average purchase orders can be obtained from the admin panel. It analyzes how the company is doing and the places that need to be centered.
- User-friendly: The e-commerce website’s upfront layout is the main ingredient in attracting and retaining customers. It is important to provide the best user experience to transform loaded shopping carts into effective checkouts. You can make a beautiful customer friendly website in a very short time using WooCommerce. Also, if you need to make changes to your website, finding someone to do the job for you will not be difficult.
- Safe and secure: A website for eCommerce must be safe and secure for use and the customer financial details should be covered. All this is guaranteed by WooCommerce with a high level of security and makes your website PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliant. Also, WooCommerce is updated with new features and security updates regularly. The fact that it is regularly updated means that it is always consistent with the new WordPress edition.
Conclusion: If you want to create an eCommerce store then WooCommerce is an excellent option because it offers complete control and versatility. Also, if you already have an eCommerce store running on WooCommerce and want to manage your store’s product listing and bulk upload efficiently, then we Faith eCommerce services have team of experienced WooCommerce product managers who are professionals in inventory management .